The Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society acknowledges the legacy of colonialization in child welfare, which has led to the continued overrepresentation of Black, African Canadian and Caribbean (BACC) and First Nations, Inuit and Métis (FNIM) children, youth and families receiving our services. This continues to mean that BACC and FNIM children, youth and families are receiving services at rates disproportionate to other groups in our community and Province.
As we strive to place cultural humility at the center of our service delivery and provide more culturally relevant, inclusive and intersectional service to our equity seeking community members we encourage members of racialized groups, persons with disabilities and persons of diverse gender identities, gender expressions and sexual orientations to self-identify in confidence in their cover letter.
How to Apply:
We invite qualified external (staff must apply through the intranet process) applicants to apply in confidence, by:
- Emailing PDF version of their combined cover letter and resume (as 1 attachment),
- To firstname.lastname@example.org, and
- Include in the email subject line the competition number and position name (i.e.: #WECAS 22-01 – Family Services Worker) in the subject line
Those that do not have access to email may fax their resume to the confidential fax number 519-971-0339.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
WECAS is committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Candidates that may require accommodations throughout the recruitment and assessment process must advise us of the nature of the accommodation(s) to ensure your equal participation.
Current Job Posting…
- Child and Family Access Supervisor, 2 vacancies – posting closes on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Legal Counsel – posting closes on Friday, October 27, 2023
- Child & Family Access Worker (Casual Assignment) – posting closes on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
- Child Protection Worker (Authorized) – posting closes on Friday, October 27, 2023
We Welcome You!
Visit all of the websites below to see what is at the heart of Windsor-Essex, our community.